Monday, September 7, 2009

Southern Arizona Trip

I recently returned from my 2nd SE Arizona trip. It was my first trip to Arizona in the summer. It was beautiful, hot, and slow.


On the first day I headed out to Sonoita Creek Preserve in Patagonia to find that it was closed on that day. I spent some time walking along Blue Haven Road looking for the Sinaloa Wren. I got a few poor photos of young Phainopeplas, a Summer Tanager, and this post-bath Rufous-crowned Sparrow.





The next day I returned to the preserve because I knew that it was open.

I quickly found this Gray Hawk. He looked angry. Maybe it's the eyes.


And this small and noisy group of Thick-billed Kingbirds.






At Madera Canyon it was hot and dead quiet.

A Yarrow's Spiny Lizard possed for his photograph.




Ladder-backed woodpeckers were a common sight. I didn't see any on my first Arizona Trip.


No comments: